Monday, July 4, 2011

Replacing filter cartridge with ceramic rings?

Salam n good day..

Hi guys, recently I just bought a HOB filter with 600L/hr capability for my 50-55L tank(~15g tank). At first I was thinking of buying a smaller one since my plan for the tank is I only want to put plants inside my aquarium. So basically with once weekly water change it will not cause me any problem. But for the long run, better to have some filtration so that maintenance will be easier.


Due to my enthusiasm, I thought I want to replace the cartridge filter of the HOB with ceramic rings because as far as I know those ceramic rings are good in terms of mechanical n biological filtration.






FEATURE
The wide porous surface provides optimum living condition for large quantities of nitrifying bacteria, thus improving the effect of biological filtration and stabilizing the water quality.



p/s :I've heard ceramic rings can cause spike of water pH and leads to death of the shrimp and plants??any explanation from u guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment